Sunday, August 17, 2008

The lady and the brandy


Tring tring rang the phone
Unexpected it came to my sitting grandma
“Mohan” she yells “Mohan
Please come here tring tring goes the phone”

She was afraid till the end ….afraid of the phone
But also had a funny bone
Grumpy at times when she drank
Spoke with a raised high tone.

Made me food… made me more
Made me what I am till I could soar
Soar I did one lonely day
Away from all I knew from land I once lay

With tears in her brave eyes
She screamed that this was the last
As I flew away living my dearest nightmare
The curse was sure cast.

The girl behind the tree whose tears I felt
My people, my friends I yelped.
Tears of warm blood inside me froze
As my soul from land slowly rose.

The pressing I felt was the atmosphere or what was in me
I lost it before I knew
Now I lay not on the same land
And the curse is now true.

No comments: