Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sheep and I........


I speak staring at the ocean deep
Where the pacific and the Tasman meet
Entangling mine and the sheep’s mind
Thinking will ourselves we ever find?

He bleats and flees and looses control
To his home he may, stroll I said just stroll
What does he make of me and the humans looks?
Was the north island pulled ashore by fishermen’s hooks?

The sun shines in different colors from the Chatham
The million thoughts deeper than I can fathom
To me he’s an animal living without a choice
Spiritually void existing in a soulless noise.

He strolls again and almost means to say
You’re just as sheep as I am during the day
Sighs and walks away
Believingly leaving me in may be dismay

The wind gets colder and he’s got fur
Today like others is just another blur
Seeking a life we wish to be
The cosmic bliss, leaves to a tree.

Kings once rode on long white clouds
Long remain the clouds with mysteries shroud
Painted faces and demons alive
Step after step dive after dive.



(The philosophy of cape reinga, Chatham Island, North Island)

No comments: