Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Orchid Song




3rd or 4th day of summer it may have been, at dawn it was, a kawhai in my mouth and an empty stomach I was nest bound where trickle stood waiting with his mouth as open as he could, after a meal and a drink of sea weed which his mother then Kim she was,oh god blind me that chick could keep you good , had juiced for him, he trickled away into the caves with grab and fisher, playin hop hop when his mother was called upon to solve a mystery upon da wall behind taboo’s unsmirched nest, at that day and age having seen it all I cogitated impelling mystery bound. Ah a noctambulist, they carry messages from the plants and indite on rocks before cockcrow. A strange fellow whose words are penned I must say…can u satisfy his soul…. said one gannet to another…..


“Along the muriwai coast among the rocks lay redemption
For the countless gannets journeying through an unseizing path
One sees a fish beneath the ocean skin one is lost in the other ones eyes
A world of feathers, birds and somber cries

Did they know the ocean before or the rock they lay on
Do they know how they got there and why?
Friends they may have but not when need beckons
Their eggs, food, hens

They make strange sounds to recognize each other
When the male returns with prey
In 100s they hatch eggs white and grey
Why do they have it in them to continue the existence of their species?

Standing in an unstraightned sense my thoughts metamorphose…………..

I stand with arms stretched for an answer and more
A path I knew has disappeared behind me
I know who I am I know who I am and why do I know that for
Thoughts and dreams diluted piercing me in my head
Reminding me of friends and days ….alive and dead
Was it not a dream I have awoken from
Or was it not a dream before I lay down
The search for happiness I leave to others
May be I should trail a gannet
Sail across the buttery sky through dirt and dust
Grey all around unrecognizing myself
Find a sanctuary and a saint to bestow upon me myself the wisdom.
Of life and love with more questions of why I am and who these thoughts belong to”

Am I a disperis capensis in despair…?



(Dis peris capensis is an orchid that imitates the flowers of polygala bracteolate which is a member of the polygala family, not an orchid, is pollinated together with the later performing the ultimate in mimicrical deception among all of the plant kingdom)

No comments: